Electrical and power engineeringAssessment of the condition of electrical equipment
Assessment of the condition of electrical equipment
For the asset management of electrical energy supply equipment, the current condition with regard to aging, remaining service life and probability of failure is of great importance in order to plan and determine the necessary maintenance measures and replacement investments regardless of the age of the devices and components. The change from event or time-based maintenance measures towards condition-based maintenance, which is advantageous for economic reasons, requires a condition assessment of the electrical equipment. The measurement and diagnostic methods used must be selected depending on the insulation systems used in the equipment or the components used.
We deal intensively with the possible electrical diagnostic procedures for different components of high-voltage technology. Depending on the equipment, proven and also innovative electrical measurements and evaluation methods for a meaningful condition assessment are developed and carried out to support the asset management of our customers.
- Determination and elaboration of the applicable measurement methods for a meaningful assessment of the condition of different equipment
- Dissipation factor and capacitance measurements at mains frequency and as a function of voltage and frequency
- Winding resistance measurements on transformers and dynamic resistance measurements on tap changers (dyn. OLTC scan)
- Short-circuit impedance and frequency response of stray losses on transformers
- SFRA (Sweep frequency response analysis) on transformers
- Determination of the transformation ratio and vector group testing of transformers
- Measurement of the magnetizing current of transformers
- Evaluation and assessment of the measurement results according to the existing standards, guidelines and experiences as well as implementation of desired innovative evaluation methods
- partial discharge measurement